Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Things I miss while Cameron is away at university.

It goes without saying that I miss Cam very much while he is away and think about him every day. I wonder what he is doing, how his classes are going, who he is friends with, if he is happy or sad that day, if he is warm enough, is eating fruits and vegetables, is being sensible, is managing to work out, and a million other things. Today he is home and I am thinking about all the things I miss when he is not home.

I miss his tall, strong hugs.

I miss hearing "what's for lunch?" ... at any time of the day!

I miss hearing "what's for supper?" ... half an hour after we have eaten supper!

I miss the sounds of Arsenal on the TV.

I miss his noisy, messy presence immediately felt throughout the house when he is here.

I miss watching him rough housing with Jordan.

I miss him chatting to me about important, and unimportant goings on in his life, and the lives of his friends.

I miss his shoes all over the front hallway.

I miss watching him play with Inja.

I miss all his friends coming over, a basement full of teenagers and making breakfast for hungry youngsters.

I miss watching him play soccer and hockey.

I miss peeking into his room in the late morning and seeing him still sleeping.

I miss shopping with him.

I miss hearing "Mom, I'm starrrrving!"

I miss seeing him all sweaty and happy after scoring a goal.

I miss him tickling my feet while watching TV.

I miss all these things and hundreds more. I feel very blessed to have two wonderful sons, and to have Cameron wanting to come home to be with us. I am very happy that he is an independent young man and is capable of living away from home, but I confess to love having him here, making the family feel complete. I will continue to resist the urge to call him everyday, and to be happy with a Facebook chat or text regularly and relish our weekly phone calls!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment